I hold a Master’s degree in Acupuncture from the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, with an educational and practice focus in Japanese Meridian therapy and shiatsu. I’ve been a massage therapist since 2003 and have worked in hospice facilities, acute detox centers, and integrative healthcare clinics. The opportunity to treat patients from all walks of life and collaborate with dedicated practitioners has taught me about the many ways the body can heal.
I am honored to support people on their path to health with acupuncture and bodywork
My approach to acupuncture is to provide individualized and relaxing treatments to achieve real-time results. I listen to what you need and work to address all your health concerns, while helping your body and mind to de-stress.
Teaching and writing are some of my joys
I teach workshops throughout the year on bodywork modalities for students and professionals, and offer meditation classes to the public. I share insights on Chinese medicine, healing, and medical research in my blog articles.
Acupuncture and Palliative Medicine
A longtime passion of mine is hospice work and I have a project to bring acupuncture into hospice and palliative medicine.
When I’m not in the clinic I enjoy practicing tai chi, playing music, and appreciating the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I hope I can be of service to you soon.
Carly Samish, MAcOM, EAMP, LMT
- Kiiko Matsumoto-style acupuncture training: Monika Kobylecka LAc 2017
- Japanese Meridian Therapy training: Tracy Thorne LAc & Mark Parzynski LAc 2016-17
- Masters of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine: Oregon College of Oriental Medicine 2016
- Associates Degree: Portland Community College 2011
- Massage Therapy training: East-West College of the Healing Arts 2003
Professional Certifications & Memberships
- Diplomate of Acupuncture: National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- East Asian Medicine Practitioner: Washington State Department of Health
- Licensed Massage Therapist #11022: Oregon Board of Massage Therapists
- Certified: National Association of Hospice and Palliative Care Acupuncturists
- Certified: National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
- Member: Washington State Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
- Continuing Education Provider: Blue Fire Healing Arts Workshops 2014-Present
- Continuing Education Provider: American Massage Therapy Association Oregon Convention 2017
- Teaching Assistant: Oregon College of Oriental Medicine 2016-17
- Acupuncturist: Watershed Wellness, Olympia, WA 2017-Present
- Acupuncture Clinical Intern: Hooper Detox Center 2016
- Acupuncture Clinical Intern: Oregon College of Oriental Medicine 2015-16
- Massage Therapist: Blue Fire Healing Arts 2012-2017
- Massage Therapist: Hawthorne Wellness Center 2006-2012
- Certified Nurses Assistant: Our House of Portland 2004-2006